Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcome to the RasPi Club!

We are going to be spending time in this club using an awesome, diminutive computer called the Raspberry Pi. This computer was developed in England for the expressed purpose of getting people like you interested in coding and computers. I initially heard about the Raspberry Pi from one of the many online technology blogs that I follow. I can't tell you know which one I learned about it from, but from the beginning I was fascinated. So I bought one! This past summer I have been spending time toying with it. I loaded Raspbmc. I tried out Raspian, which in turn got me interested in other Linux-based operating systems. My home PC now runs Ubuntu 12.04, one of the Linux distributions. Now to the club. The plan is for us to spend time learning basics about the Raspberry Pi, learn to code by first using Scratch and then using Python, and finally start developing our own projects. All of this will require patience and teamwork. Many of us are new to using the Raspberry Pi, and so we will take it slow to start, but then I expect we will speed up once we get familiar with the technology involved. Ultimately the goal is to have fun with the Raspberry Pi!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Garrin is going to be disappointed. This conflicts with Robotics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry! There is going to be both a Fall and Spring Raspberry Pi Club!

    ReplyDelete